In the hospital, he prescribed me Effexor XR which I started taking just a day or two after coming home.
AGAIN, same issues. No headaches but MAJOR MAJOR drowsiness. Like constant yawning and I could barely keep my eyeballs open on TOP of being already post preg tired. It was horrible. I felt like I was becoming MORE depressed because of how tired I was every day. I couldn't do a THING except sit on the couch and sleep.
I finally told myself to get OFF the pills and try it alone.
So I did.
And then, the heavens opened! I'm still tired a LOT of the time but it's normal post preg tiredness. I don't feel like a zombie walking around anymore, I feel like a tired Mom of a newborn which is as "normal" as I should feel right now anyway.
Personally, I have my own opinions about MY PPD. Others will probably disagree, but I'm speaking for ME and ME only. The two times I had bad PPD were with Jakob and Isaak. Ironically, the only times I tried the whole boobing crap were with...
Jakob and Isaak.
So to me, this says that boobing is the root of my depression. I THOUGHT I'd be depressed with this one, assuming that because I'd been depressed before...and bad too, but I forgot to take into account each individual situation which makes a HUGE difference. Plus I was SUPER depressed at the end of this pregnancy so it seemed to me that for sure I'd be depressed afterwards. Turns out not. For Moms who don't have issues with boobing, you probably don't suffer like us Moms that DO have issues so you will never understand. To ME, I now know what causes my PPD, it's boobing. For others, it may be something else. And I don't care what anyway else has to say about it really. As important as I think boobing is, it's NOT important enough to ME to put myself and my family in a bad situation.
So there's that. I'm drug free and I'm doing FIIIIINE :)
3. Penny just brought me a stick of opened Crisco and as I was cleaning it up, I realized he had been stuffing it in his ear. Lovely.
4. The name AUGUST LYN. Okay here's the story, although it's not all exciting and mystical like i think you guys are hoping it is. We didn't have a CLUE on a boy name...obviously, I mean we've used up HALF the baby boy names on our already boy laden family. We DID know that we loved Scout, we loved old names and we loved that all our kids have at least ONE family name (either first or middle). So we played around for a long time. Samuel? Samuel Scout? Nahhh...then one day I was sitting on the couch with my Lover and my phone. Ahhh, my lovely phone :)
So anyway, I decided to google "baby boy names from the 1800's" and up pops a big long list of about 50 names. I started to read them all off. My Lover listened to each name, staying silent. I didn't think he really cared or was even paying attention, UNTIL I said...
"THAT'S IT!" he shouted! That's the name. August Lowe.
For some reason, it felt right and we both knew that would be his name! Now for the middle. We still loved Scout but it sounded wrong with August so that was out. Plus I really wanted him to have a family middle name since all the kids had a family name. We sat on it for a few days until I was in the car one day driving and it came to me that his middle name should be Lyn, like my middle name. I called My Lover and told him that his name would be August Lyn.
And that was that! It was chosen!
Dena was actually my sweet friend who told me about Gus being a nickname and I LOOOVED it right away! I wasn't big on Augie so Gus seemed perfect :)
5. It's been just over 2 weeks since little Gus was born and I've dropped 23 of my 45 pounds I gained during pregnancy. Most of it being water I'm sure because I'm still peeing allllll the time and throughout the night as well. It sucks. I was hoping that part would be over but I guess if pounds are still falling off, I'm okay with peeing.
I've been walking to the school and back to drop off and pick up Miah each day and I feel great when I do. No heaviness in the nether regions like I usually have. I can't wait to start running again. I tried my Taebo workout today thinking I was totally cool with doing and
It kicked my butt. Just the basic level AND I couldn't even finish it. I started feeling all faint and dizzy. So instead I ate two swiss rolls. Then I felt good again.
6. I still have NOTHING to wear but I'm not gonna complain because guess what...
I NEVER HAVE TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!
7. I'm buying a camera this week! I've been putting it off for a while because it hurts my brain to think of which one to get. I don't want it to crap out on me again like the last two. But enough is enough, I'm buying it NOW so good blog pictures are in the near future and maybe, just MAYBE...a wanna be. But of who? Ideas?
8. Okay gotta run. Blogger was acting up on me last night and only letting me visit private blogs. The NON privates were taking FOREVER to load for some reason so I'll give it another go round tonight. Look for me on urs!!