1. Can't think of a DANG thing to write about. My mind is mush. I have no stories to report or exciting news to exclaim. Because of this, I will write some junk. Whatever is on my mind.
2. School starts tomorrow for Kora (K) and Jakob (3rd). Kora is nervous. She said she's scared that kids aren't going to like her or they are going to make fun of her. She was SUPER picky when we went school clothes shopping. She kept saying the things I picked out were "babyish". We found some cute baby doll shirts that she liked because they looked like mine (??) so we bought them. When we got home, she tried them on and decided that she thought they made her look "big" like with a big belly. UGH, whatever Kora. Unfortunately for her, I'm not returning them. I think they make her look PRECIOUS as opposed to some of the grownup shirts there that made her look older than 5. She's already growing too fast anyway, I'm not going to rush her growth by buying her clothes that look like a WOMAN should wear. You gotta love girls though.
3. Jake IS NOT excited about school, not the slightest bit. That's all I have to say about that.
4. The kids had to get physicals for the school year. Apparently, the Virginians here think that if you move to their state from any other state you bring cooties with you. You aren't allowed to even START school without a current physical (unless you're already a Virginian because they like to intermingle their already existing cooties). When Jake did his, we found out something interesting. Jake is deaf in his right ear. Well, at least that's what the doctor said. He failed the hearing test on his right ear THREE times. He passed the left ear on the first try without a single problem. We are being referred to an audiologist to further investigate this phenomenon. The doctor said it's obviously not a blockage issue. He checked the ear and saw the drum perfectly clear. He said if there IS an issue and he really cannot hear, then it's a sensory issue. His drum isn't getting the message to his brain to "listen up!". Not sure how I feel about this. Kinda bummed. Actually really bummed, that is, if it's a correct diagnosis. Why do all the bad things seem to happen to Jake. His strabismus, bifocals, eye surgery, lazy eye, and now hearing problems? What the crap? If we go to the audiologist and find out he really cannot hear, he'll have to have a hearing aid in that ear. How freakin sad is that?! This may sound completely stupid, but if you know Jake, you know how much being a Marine means to him. If he can't hear, he can't be a Marine. Bad news for a determined little booger like himself. I hate this.
5. Austin and I came up with the brilliant idea of renting Sleepy Hollow for the kids thinking it would be a good fun movie for them to watch the night before school. It's the one with Johnny Depp. We've seen it but it was quite some time ago. Yea...not the best idea. I kinda forget about all the decapitation it SHOWS and the scary witch lady who looks like a tree, and then all the bloody heads that roll out of the old tree while he's chopping through it as blood is being strewn all over his face. Hmm... We may very well end up with 3 scared heathens in our room tonight who keep having flashes of their head being chopped off by a headless horseman.
6. So go to the Transformers Movie website and send a personalized message to someone you know with a phone call from Optimus Prime! It's really cool. They include names and stuff like that. Lindsay did it to me and Jake listened, he loved it. I sent it to a few people I knew would enjoy a laugh. You should too!
7. I'm so FREAKIN anxious to find out our duty station after TBS I can hardly STAND it. I keep looking up all the bases online to "prepare" as much as I can once we do find out. Austin said they are SUPPOSED to know on the 16th but he also said it's the Marines and they don't do anything when they say they will. SOO, I must wait. We had to turn in our requests putting our choices in order of desire. We did...
2. West Coast (San Diego or 29 Palms - blah)
4. East Coast (North Carolina)
They say they will try to give you what you want based on your rank amongst your peers. Austin is in the top 5 of the attorneys so we have a good chance of getting what we want. We just have to hope they have open spots. If not, they will go down our list until they find a fit so really it's just the luck of the drawl. They are all on the beach (except 29 palms which is why I think it's blah) so almost any of the choices are good. Wherever we get sent, we'll be there for 2 years. It's SO HARD to just sit and wait. I wanna know SO BAD, I'm dying. I should be thankful because most of the guys aren't only waiting for their duty station, they are also waiting for their MOS (job as a Marine). We obviously don't have to wait for that because Austin is a law contract so that's his MOS. I'm being elementary for those of you who don't know the language. Not that I DO know the language. Half the time I don't know what people are saying when they talk military. Bonnie especially. She throws around abbreviations almost as much as she says "and" or "freakin". I usually get lost in the conversation but I play it cool and just nod my head like I know what she's sayin. Okay. This is turning into a post of it's own. I told you my head is mush. Is anyone still listening to this?
7. Isaak loves his car seat now, and I mean LUVS!!! When we go anywhere he will fall asleep and then stay asleep the entire time. It's SO nice. I told you this before but I've never had a kid that loves to be in their car seat as an infant. You know the ones that just sit in it at church sleeping the whole time, or at the mall in their stroller just snoozing? Well it's a BOUT time! I got one of those babies!! I love it! Even when we get home and take the seat in, he will stay asleep in it for hours. It's almost TOO good to be true. Bad thing is I have to carry that dumb bucket seat, but good news is, I don't have to worry about a crying baby.
8. Isaak farts ALL the time. LOUD ones. Ones big enough to sound like adult farts. Farts that embarrass me because I think people are thinking it's ME.
9. I got a doctor appointment on Wed, FINALLY. I need to have my 6 week check up with an OBGYN but can't until I see the doctor on Wed and get a referral to one. UGH. My uterus is craving attention. I need birth control. I'm worried my insides are in the wrong place since I haven't been checked. My first crimson tide was 18 days long. Not good.
10. I have 34 days left in my twenties. *shiver*
11. I'm sad my sister Amy the photographer isn't close so I can document my Isaak's baby years. If I think about it too much I start to tear up and get a sick feeling in my stomach. Do I chance taking him to some budget photography studio just to get some shots? If I do, I know I'll compare them to Amy's and be unhappy that I spent money on crap. I took my cheap (by this I mean free) sister for granted while living in Dallas. Now I don't wanna spend big bucks for someone other than my sister to do the pics. I'm sad and mad and...sad again.
12. I hate Austin's ghetto rap ring tone.
13. Love this number, I'm stopping here. OOH RAH!