No pics this time...sorry, get over it.
1. First and foremost...I got my first salute yesterday! Pretty cool. I'd been through the gates by myself before but for some reason didn't get a salute. Bonnie said it was cuz I didn't look sexy enough that day. She thinks it's their secret joke that they only salute you if they think you're hot. I guess I'll have to ask my Father in Law because he was an MP in the Marine Corp. Maybe he knows the secret. The salute was totally cool but I played it off like I get it all the time and just thanked the young man. Honestly, I feel totally undeserving of the salute. I haven't done anything even comparable to what Austin has done to deserve the salute. I guess it's justified by all the time I've spent dealing with these kiddos as a single mom while he's off doing his military stuff, but even still...it just doesn't feel like I should be saluted. That being said...I'll TAKE the salute any day, very proudly!
2. I went tanning today for the first time in a LONG time. Well, long for me. I'm usually always tanning so with being preg and stuff it had been forever since I'd tanned. I'm doing it because I wanna fit in with all the Barbie Officer wives who prance around in their pretty little sundresses with their boobs flailing everywhere. No really...they do. But no really...that's not why I tanned. I'm just a tanner! I love to be tan. I don't feel like me if I'm not tan. Plus my fat looks better when it's tan, ya know? It may not look better when I'm old and wrinkly and tan, but I choose to live in the present. I'll deal with the future later...like in the future.
3. So I discovered something interesting when I was tanning. Laying in that bed they had a mirror on my face as I lie. I had about 2 minutes before the machine would turn on so I just laid there staring at myself and I realized I look SO much better laying down. If I could get a face lift that would make me look like I do when I'm laying down, that would ROCK. My eyes didn't sag in the corners, my cheeks lost their chub, my lips were all stretched and more full looking, no valley on my forehead, I had CHEEK BONES and even my nose looked a little straighter. Even though I felt totally vulnerable being nude there on the cold tanning bed, I felt good about myself. I am Hot...haha. At least from that angle and I guess that's all that matter because there's only one person I'm trying to impress and HE's the one who gets to see me from that view too! *wink*
4. So again...the tanning. While I was gone, chaos was taking place in my home. This is why I don't go and do things alone much. Austin was home with the kids and he was tired so he told them to stay inside, watch a show and be quiet. Isaak was upstairs with him but I think he was getting a little fussy so he asked Kora to make Isaak a bottle. Let me say that again in case you didn't GET IT. YES, KORA to make the bottle. She's 5, remember? When I get home she says, "I had to make Issak a bottle for Daddy so I used the scooper." WHAT?! NO! The formula?! "Yeah, I filled it to the 4." Okay, that was nice to know, at least she knows how much water to put in it but I wasn't concerned about the water. It was the formula I KNEW she didn't know how to measure. I asked her how much she put in. "Uhmm..I don't remember." Okay, well did you do like 2 scoops or like 7 scoops? "Mmmmm, like 7 or 10 scoops." WHAT THE!??! Oh my gosh!! First of all, that was one THICK 4 oz bottle that I'm SURE Isaak is gonna feel later when it's trying to come out the other end. Second, he must have just drank $10 with that one bottle. The can is almost empty and this morning it was almost brand new. UGH. For those boobers out there who never even LOOKED at a formula can...the measurements are 2 scoops per 4 oz. Not even close to the 10 scoops she did. OH and more importantly the can is $25 bones. Freakin bottle of gold...
5. Another first, went to the Marine Corp Exchange (PX) today. Austin had to workout so I ventured over there with the kids to check things out. I don't know WHY I feel this way, but I'm so nervous to go places on base. I told Austin I feel like Marines are totally no tolerance and the base is the no tolerance zone. I'm so scared I'm not gonna know the "rules" of everything and some big devil dog is gonna get in my face and bark until I start crying. Thankfully, everything went smoothly. I found Kora some TOTALLY cute shorts that end below her knee...PRECIOUS I tell you. And then some cute jeans that are like sailor style all big and bellish at the bottom. The two of them together were only $20! I didn't have time to look for stuff for Jake. They both need a few items before school starts but especially Kora since she's a hoochie and all her shorts and skirts are prolly too short for dress code. Anyway, it's like a tiny mall but there isn't like a WHOLE lot of selection. Bonnie said the one is San Diego is WAY cooler, can't wait for that!
6. I've been thinkin about something that happened at the park yesterday and it's kinda bothering me. That buff girl Paige asked me what I like to do for fun. I sat there. I looked around. I squinted my eyes. Nothing. I couldn't come up with ANYTHING. Yeah, I like to blog. It gets the thoughts out of my head and helps me to sleep at night otherwise I'd be up all night thinking about random things. But like for REAL fun? My answer was...go to the zoo, the park, take the kids swimming...those kind of things. Everything I do is for the kids. 'I' don't do anything for MY fun...BUT being there and seeing THEM have fun is SO fun for me. So does that count? I love taking them places. I love adventures. I love seeing them experience new things and meeting new friends and getting dirty and crazy. I don't really HAVE any hobbies of my own. I like to shop but can't cuz I don't have any money and I like to be creative but I just sold the most creative thing I've ever accomplished (Princess Parties) so now what? Should I be looking for a hobby? Should I shrug it off and be satisfied that all the things that I like to do involve the kids? I'm one of those people who needs to feel like they have a purpose. Like with Princess Parties I had a job. I started something and people depended on me to keep things running. I'm a little worried that once the kids grow up, I won't know who I am anymore because I won't have them to take to fun places. What will I do? I've contemplated going back to school but I seriously HATE it so much I don't think I could succeed. I loved owning my own business but what would I start up next and would it be as successful as Princess Parties was? This number is becoming a post of it's own, but I needed to get my feelings out. Maybe I'll talk more about it later or maybe your comments will inspire me to find ME. OR maybe this IS me and I should just shutup because I love my life and my family and that's all that really matters.
7. I've been doing SO good about making dinners each night. (Sorry I wasn't good when I lived at your house mother!) Thanks to Natalie and a whole slew of recipes she gave me awhile back, I've got some pretty yummy and inexpensive meals I've been cookin up for the fam! Some of them include... Potato Chip Chicken (totally white trash but SO good), Parmesan Pork Chops, Chicken Vesuvio, PW Breakfast Burritos, PW Chicken Spaghetti, my Mom's Chicken and Rice, A scrumptious Pot Roast and much more! If you see anything you want a recipe for...don't ask! I'm not sharing. It's taken me long enough to get THIS many and I want YOU to find your own freakin recipes. Just kidding...ask away, I'll share if you do!