1. Fine. I thought I could get away with my extra EXTRA long weekend and skimp on blogging but I've already been called out by SOME of you...so whatever. I was really just mourning the loss of my two friends who LEFT me this weekend. Losers. Now they're both back and they expect for us to just pick up where we left off like nothing ever happened? Whatever.
2. So Izey is counting down the days until he turns the BIG ONE. There are exactly 24 days left until he's a big boy. It's sad to see him get so big so fast. It feels like just a month or so ago that I was whining about the dumb hospital putting off my induction. I couldn't wait to meet him and now not only is he here...but he's almost 1?!? How did that happen?
Yesterday I started him on Rice Dream. Yes, I jumped the gun but only because the stupid formula people are doing that change crap and I REFUSE to buy into it. They used to still have old cans with the regular amount in it (16oz) and the regular size scoop but now it's getting hard to find anything but the NEW can...same size...but only 12oz AND the bigger scoop. It really pisses me off.
SOoOOooO, rice dream it is. And he LOVES it. MMmmm.
Milestones for My Penny are:
* Waves and says "ba ba" when someone leaves.
* Signs "more" and "all done" (which is all I'll be teaching him)
* Takes two GOOD naps a day and LOVES his naps
* Goes to bed at 7:30 ish and up at 7:30 ish
* Says "Mama" and "Dada"
* LOVES to tackle his brothers and hit them
* LOVES to pull his sister's hair
* Climbs all the way up the stairs
* Pushes chairs, baskets and anything else he can get his hands on next to the bed and couch to crawl up on it. Then when he's up there he likes to dive, HEAD FIRST, off...laughing. This kid has no fear.
* Eats almost anything we eat
* LOVES his baby brainy DVD (thanks Milley!)
* Loves to unroll toilet paper and eat it
* Sucks his thumb when he's sad and while I'm holding him.
* LOVES babies and sleeps with his kewpie doll every night
* Not walking, not really interested in it at all. He'll stand up next to anything but HATES to straighten his legs out and stand when you hold his hands.
3. Every day when the kids come home from school, Kora grabs the mail on her way in and drops it off to me on her way to her room. The other day I asked her to clean her room and when she was done, I went it to inspect it. I found some interesting paraphernalia as usual, but my favorite was the spanx catalog on her desk. OBVIOUSLY came in the mail, addressed to ME but I never got it. Seems like she decided to KEEP that little piece of mail for herself and display it proudly on her desk.
4. Isaak loves my big sunglasses and especially during church where he can look around the chapel and see everyone laughing and pointing at him. He's an attention hog.
5. I took the three big kids to the dentist yesterday and it actually went very well. Here's the verdict on everyone:
Teeth look great but are slow to fall out. She would normally refer him to an orthodontist by this time but since he still has a lot of baby teeth they'll wait till the next cleaning in 6 months. She assured me that he WILL need braces though. He had NOOOOOO cavities (yay jake!) and got sealants on all 4 of his 6 year molars to protect them from getting cavities.
Teeth are bad. Stained. 4 (almost 5) cavities. Needs all of them filled. Dentist told me to brush her teeth from now on and she needs to cut WAAAY back on candy, sugar drinks and sweets. I coulda predicted that one. We made an appointment for the first set of fillings.
Teeth look somewhat nice just a TAD stained in between. Only one cavity and it's in between two teeth. Brushing is good but I need to floss him too. The fused front tooth is still fine and doesn't necessarily mean his new tooth will grow in that way as well. I hear that same story every time he goes to the dentist. Yea yea yea. We made an appointment to get that cavity filled.
ALLLL the kids did GREAT in the chair. I didn't even go back there. She said Miah and Kora were especially good for their age and although they need work done, they'll be fine doing it in the office!
Penny stayed with me in the waiting room digging through my wallet and inspecting and tasting all my cards...his favorite pastime.
6. Jake got a MAJORLY cool present in the mail from MawMaw and PawPaw last week. An Indiana Jones hat, 2 REAL whips, a satchel and compass!! Holy smokes! He sure does look cute in all his gear! This picture is RIGHT after he opened the present and put everything on but lately he's been wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and khaki pants with his hat so he looks JUST like Indi! What a hottie!
7. The last two nights I've let Kora fix my hair while I watch my shows before bed. She's a great hairdresser. She wanted to show me the hairstyles so I gave her my phone to take pictures. She said if I wanted to I can make copies of the pictures and hand them out to all my friends...so that's what I'm doing.
She started out simple.
And then added a little flair.
Belle flair of course.
Then she decided to get creative.
Getting better! She wanted me to wear this one the next day.
Wait is this still Kora doing the work?
THERE we go! She's got it! This girl is GOOD!
She told me to pretend I was comin in her shop and I needed to ask her for what hair I wanted. I decided that I was going to prom and needed a prom hairdo.
First try was a little plain for me...
There we go! That's the one!
8. Lately my Lover has discovered that the kids' webkinz games are more than just kid stuff. He's been addicted to the pool game since he first laid eyes on it. I think he spent about 80% of the weekend on this game...racking up money for Jake and Kora (split evenly of course) to spend on their webkinz. I hate video games...