1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABEL!!! Today happens to be Amber's oldest birthday, Miss Isabel! She and her lil brother Ian who is so scrumptiously yummy and cute spent the night with us last night. For breakfast I made heart shaped pancakes to celebrate the day. I had to make sure they were perfect because Isabel is a punk and she was criticising me the whole time. I was worried she'd gag and embarrass me but she didn't. In FACT, she asked for seconds! Ahh Yea.
2. The girls spend the entire night AND morning dressing up in princess and Hannah Montana outfits. It was quite the scene. Austin was thankful he only has ONE girl because they're loud too...very loud.
3. The boys had heart shaped pancakes on spider plates.
4. Today I went antique shopping because I found some awesome chairs on Lejeuneyardsales.com which is like a mini craigslist for just this area. It's AWESOME!!! I already KNEW about it, but didn't really know how it worked so when Heidi and Summer explained to to me yesterday I went home and quickly became addicted.
5. I found 6 dining room chairs total for my new black pedestal table that's coming this week. I really wanted white chairs for it like Molly has but they were $99 a piece. I know that's still a pretty good deal, but I wanted BETTER and I knew I could find it. I found some at Walmart.com that were really cute too but they were $180 for a set of two. I bookmarked them and decided NOT to buy because maybe just MAYBE I'd find something better. LO AND BEHOLD my friends...I DID. I found 4 at one little antique shop and then two more that are almost identical to the 4 at another shop. They're all white, wooden and ADORABLE with padded seats. I'm going to need to do a little work on them but not much because they're already re-finished. I'll just add some paint on a few and re-upholster them with some fabric to match my inspiration for the kitchen decor. This will be my first home job EVER. Like, I've never re-done anything so it's really exciting! I figure if I just take apart the upholstery REALLLLY slowly then I'll know how to put it all back together with new fabric...right? I learned this amazing "teach yourself" talent from my dad who is always tinkering around with stuff. So if he can do it, I can do it. I'm not gonna show you the chairs YET because I want them to be a surprise. But don't worry. I'll take before and afters. OH and I almost forgot the best part...I got each chair for less than $40 a piece!
6. ALSO in my chair adventure today I bought two dark brown covered leather chairs. I only needed one but they came as a set and the price was so lovely even for TWO that I went ahead and took them both. I'm going to use them in the family room to go with my computer armoire that's on it's way.
7. The boys are all fighting because of a dumb board game so as much as I hate the number 7, I still need to go. OH and "the boys" meaning Jakob and AUSTIN. Yes...competitive much?
8. OH WAIT! I forgot about this picture of two of my boys doing homework together! Yay! I don't have to end on 7!