2. So awhile back Jake's bike got ganked (is that how you spell that?) and he's been bike-less for the last few weeks. We usually lock the bikes up every night but didn't that night for some reason because we forgot and that just happened to be the night someone decided they wanted his bike. Stupid. It made me mad but whadya do? We scoured the neighborhood to find it but it's gone. So today I told Austin to take Jake to Walmart and buy him a new one. Here's what he picked out. Pegs and all! He thinks he's real cool huh? We won't be forgetting to lock up the bikes anymore, I can guarantee you that!
3. Yesterday Fedex brought me a pretty little package. Inside was this little beauty! Austin surprised me with a new nano for my birthday!! I LOOOOVE it! It's gonna be my new workout friend (since my current one is leaving me for Southern Cali instead of Hawaii - loser. No, that doesn't mean we know where we're going so don't ask me that. I'll let you know when I know). I used to have an iPod mini but I never used it and sold it a couple years ago. Now that I'm all into itunes and workin out and gettin totally buff (hah) I can't wait to use it. I promise I won't sell this one! OH and my birthday isn't until Oct. 6 (write that down in your calendars and I expect to see gifts arriving starting Monday) but I told him since I got it early he'll have to give me aNOTHER thing on my actual birthday so I won't feel sad. heheh! Love you Hippo!
6. I need some more blog followers people!! I know you're out there, just reading, and loving and relishing so FOLLOW ME!! Look on my left sidebar and click the link to be my follower! Do it if you really love me!
7. So our duty station. Yeah. We were supposed to find out a week ago but they jacked things up for the attorneys and they all had to resubmit their choices to start over. Now they are saying weeks before we find out? Whatever. I'll be blogging about it when I find out but until then, I have NO CLUE when we really will know. It's the Marine Corps, whadya expect?!
8. Congrats to all those in Delta Company that received their MOS's on Friday!! I'm so happy for you all! These guys worked really hard to get the job they wanted and it truly paid off for them! D. Snipes - Humint, M. Alvis - Infantry, K. Jones - Infantry, just to name a few. Way to go guys! Now you can take it easy for the last 7 weeks of TBS!
9. My weight loss and workout program has been progressing nicely. I haven't lost a single pound in three weeks BUT I've been measuring each week and the inches are disappearing so I'm just gaining muscle (aww yea!). It feels so good to be healthy, it makes such a HUGE difference throughout the day. I'm so much less tired and have more energy which is a necessity with 4 grubs. I really need to work on my eating because I'm so sporadic with eating that it's making my body hold fat longer I think. It's hard to find time to eat with everything going on but I'm gonna try super hard to eat every meal PLUS snacks in between to keep my metabolism pumpin! I went to the store and bought a bunch of healthy snacks (nuts, yogurt, cheese, granola bars)that are easy to just grab and eat so I won't be lazy and skip. It should make a big difference that I'll be able to see on the scale in a month or so.
10. What a nice round number to end on. I'd like to use #10 to tell the world that NO those were NOT my dirty nails in the joker picture, are you kidding me??? That would be my dirty grub #1 named Jake - my accomplice in the smashing Izey episode.