1. I REALLY hope my blog readers haven't written me off due to my lack of posting each day and my lack of interesting stories. I'm here, really I am. I'm reading all your blogs but I usually only have one hand available to type with so I don't comment. I'll try to do better. FORGIVE ME!!!
2. I'm am HATING my body right now. I know I'm just being extremely impatient (it's only been a month) but I cannot stand looking in the mirror at this person who is NOT ME. I swore I wouldn't buy "intermediate" clothes for that awkward in between stage but I'm so sick of wearing maternity that I caved and went shopping for just a FEW items that I can live in. Bad idea. That made me feel even WORSE because I would pick stuff out that would normally look cute, hold it up thinking it LOOKED like my size, only to try it on and see that it's not my NEW size and looks horrible on this new body. It was so depressing. I don't wanna spend a lot on these in between clothes so everything that's cheap looks terrible. Cheap jeans give me mom butt and even more so with this larger butt I'm luggin around. I had all the kids with me when I went and thankfully they were very good and helpful in getting me new sizes, but they were also painfully honest about how things looked on me, Jake especially. I think he felt bad being so honest because he kept hugging me and saying, "I'm sorry mom." Either that or he just felt bad that I was so chubby. The whole trip was a waste of time. I ended up buying one pair of mom butt jeans, a dress that I can't wear yet until I lose weight, and a black t-shirt that's basically a maternity shirt only not in the maternity section. Big whoop. I felt so crappy afterwards I wanted to go home and puke a few times or maybe just run on the tread mill a few hours. Instead I had a protein shake and shaved my legs.
3. I have so much to do and so little time. The good thing is, when I talked to Austin about all my stresses with the move, he reminded me that these are GOOD things to be stressed about because we ARE moving. He's right, I need to think more positively about everything and just be happy about the future!
4. Isaak is getting on more of a schedule at night which is helpful. He doesn't sleep through the night of course, not even close, but having something I can KINDA rely on as far as wake up times and feedings feels good.
5. I had to go to the Joint Reserve Base today to add Isaak to our insurance. I had 30 days to get it done and BOY did those 30 days fly by. My mom kept the kids and I left at 6am to avoid traffic and a long wait at the ID office (last time we were there we waited for 2 hrs). It's in far west Fort Worth so it was over an hour drive there only for the little Navy guy to punch about 3 keys on the keyboard and enter him in. WHY couldn't I take care of this over the phone?? WHY did they make me come in when I have a NEWBORN and I'm sleep deprived? Who knows, but it's done and I can mark that off my list.
6. I'm taking Roscoe to the vet today to get tranquilizers for his ride to VA. He doesn't do well in the car and just pants and shakes so he needs meds to keep him calm.
7. GOSH...I'm boring aren't I? At least I'm not as bad as Raschel...(hehe)