1. JUST NOW beginning to feel a little better and then I get hit with a stomach virus. It's not pretty, I won't go into it.
2. I'm giving a talk on Sunday and I'm dreading it with every fiber in my body. I get SO literally ILL when I have to do these things. I have been putting off preparing it and I think I'm in denial at this point. If I don't prepare it, I won't have to give it...right? I'm not a public speaker at ALL, I suck so badly. I wish it were Sunday afternoon and it was all over.
3. Lately I've been such a grouch to everyone around me. People I DO know and people I don't know annoy me. It's like when I come in contact with another human, my mind says, "Hi, my name is Jessica and I can't stand you." I've always been like this to a degree because I'm a really standoffish type person, but it's getting worse. I don't know if I should attribute it to the preg or me just getting older and turning into a grumpy old woman. I look at people and TRY to find things that I can get mad about. Today the lady at Kroger had on an orange shirt and she was so helpful and nice but I was mad at her. You wanna know why? This is what I made up - Orange is Rockwall's school color and I was mad that she was wearing it thinking that she was all Rockwally and stuff. I was mad because I had been here since I was 5 and she probably JUST moved here and is already wearing an orange shirt. Stupid, I know. What's wrong with me? It's not very Christ-like, I'm even embarrassed to be telling you all this about me, but I feel like if I get it out and confront the issue, maybe I can work on it better. I think I need a vacation...from earth.
4. Speaking of vacations...Austin and I had our weekend getaway this last weekend and it was really nice, but pathetic. I'll explain, but first let me preface. Austin and I are REALLY home bodies, we love our home, we love our bed, we love our room, we love being with our family. We love going out and doing things too, but home just makes me feel happy and soft. When we lived in our old apartment we would host family "mattress parties" almost weekly. This is where you move all the living room furniture (coffee table) and then take all the mattresses from everyone's rooms and lay them next to each other on the floor making one huge bed for the whole family. We loved doing this and watching movies, eating popcorn and then sleeping as a family all cozy and warm. Since we've been here, we have family movie nights at least once a week and it's very rare that there isn't at least ONE child on the floor in our room at bed time. It doesn't bother me really; it makes me feel safe when my children are near.
SO, back to the weekend getaway. First we went eat at Outback, yum and then checked into our hotel. We stayed at Hotel Lawrence in downtown Dallas just across the street from the 6th floor book depository. Very historical and beautiful! As soon as we walked in the room it felt weird. The room was great, clean and quiet, but I just felt uncomfortable. We planned on staying up and just hanging out watching TV, but we were both so tired we ended up going to bed pretty early. While we were lying in bed Austin asked if I was uncomfortable there and of course I said yes, he agreed. He said, "I wish the kids were sleeping on the floor with us." It made me feel sad. Then he said, "You wanna just checkout tomorrow and go home early?" And my answer..."yeah". It's not that we don't enjoy each other's company, we would rather enjoy each other's company at home in our own room. If someone took our kids away for a few days and we were at home together, I think that would have been much better. If we get away from home, then we both decided we want the kids there with us because they make homes away from home, FEEL like home. The next day we went to lunch and then watched the movie Juno which was fantastic and I cried throughout the entire thing. After the movie we went home and the kids were SO excited to see us home early. Awww...I love my family :)
5. I can't wait until Kora comes home so I can put Miah down for a nap and then take one myself. I haven't had a nap since Sunday which is a record for me during this pregnancy. It's time to play catch up!
6. Apartment hunting in a city and state you know nothing about and can't visit SUCKS.
7. I made the most delightful lunch today! It was a freshly baked crescent (sp?) filled with chicken salad, complete with eggs and pickles, and then some deliciously salty and peppery kettle chips with sliced apples on the side. Yum, I can't wait to be hungry again and have MORE!!
8. I love my husband.
9. I think we may try to see the Hannah Montana movie this Saturday. I'm nervous about the amount of people that will be there all pushing and waiting in line. Especially with my newly found hatred for humans and the natural lioness in me trying to make sure my kids get the best seat. It might be a replay of Austin's near fight at the movies on Labor Day...remember Amy and Dad? Except it will be me and I'm big and round so I'll look more ridiculous.
10. My acne is clearing up...it's about DANG time. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
11. One more thing, I hate to end this at #11, that's such an akward number, but oh well. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions ALREADY! I was freakin out because I felt like it was WAY too soon, but when I looked it up on one of my many preg books it said that women who have been pregnant in the past will experience BHC's a lot sooner (around 20 weeks and I'm a day or two away from that) and a lot more intense...boy are they right. They practically take my breath away and I have to lie down. It only happens about once a day, but they're big mommas and it feels weird having them happen already.