3. We also went swimming with Pops and Kim and while we were there the Scouts from church came by to present Jake with his Twilight Camp badge. They played music really loud and it was really quite embarrassing. I'm glad I wasn't Jake.
This is her brother Jyuan but we call him JY. He's the same way, SO sweet and says the most heartfelt things you just wanna hug him. Sexy boys huh? Jy is a little big for that costume wouldnt' you say?
5. This one is for Amanda...or P rather. These light sabers were in storage the last year so they are "new" toys that the kids are addicted to. Do you think we have enough? I mean EIGHT light sabers and he STILL wants more. I personally like the Star Wars underwear strategically placed to add excitement and scandalism to the picture.
And then there's Daisy. I'm not too fond of Daisy, can't really say why. I don't even know. Something about her just bugs me. First of all she's almost 12. Why does she hang around these guys? Who knows. Secondly, I personally think she is totally hot for Jake. She always tells him how all the other boys in the "gang" wanna be her boyfriend. One night she and Jytiera spent the night and I was in the bathtub on the other side of this wall they are leaning up against so I could hear everything they were saying. She lies SO much and makes up crap that is totally fake. She also told Jake that she hates her Mom and then kept telling him things her Mom does trying to get Jake to be in agreeance (is that a word?) with her and the "hate your mom" attitude. My sweet little Jake was NOT having that and kept trying to change the conversation and then Kora pops in to say, "I LOVE my mom, she's the best mom EVER!" Ahh...I love my kids.
This is why I hate playdoh. It gets EVERYWHERE. It's like glitter. You see it for weeks and weeks after it's been played with. I think it forms it's own little leggies once it hits the floor and it travels to the carpet, the TV, the ceiling, the bathroom...UGH. Let me just say that I don't do Playdoh. If you give one of my children playdoh for a birthday present, it WILL be re-gifted. If you receive playdoh from my children for a present it's either because we are re-gifting, or I don't like you and I want you to suffer.
7. Our nightly ritual begins at about 8pm when the kids come in from playing and we have "quiet time" so mom can blog. They take turns picking a movie to watch before going to bed. This particular night they looked SO cozy together that I grabbed some more blankets and pillows and we had our first mattress party since being here sleeping all downstairs together. It was so fun.
8. I have recently become obsessed with the color turquoise. It's my new favorite right now. I was in Macy's today and saw the Kitchen Aid stuff all in turquoise and I about peed my pants I was so happy. I wanted to steal it all and take it home and make something yummy and turquoise.
9. Here's a conversation I had with Kora as I was driving through DC about to be killed by all the bad drivers...
Kora: Mom, how do you get a boy?
Me: Huh? You mean a baby? You don't get to pick, remember? Heavenly Father picks out what baby is best for your family.
Kora: NOOOO, I mean GET a boy, like Dad. How did you get Dad? How do you get a boy to marry?
Me: Ohh, right. Uhmmm...well. Okay when you turn SIXTEEN (extremely emphasized) you can go on dates with lots of different boys. You'll find out that some boys are nice, some are mean, some stink, some do sweet things for you all the time, some treat you like a Princess, some fart and burp and be ugly, anyway...you'll date different boys and then when you're MUCH MUCH older (again strongly emphasized) you can pick which one you like the best out of all of them and then marry him!
Kora: Oh. Ok.
10. Isaak had his 2 month check up today and it KILLED me to watch him get FOUR big shots in his cute little chubby thighs. My poor lovey baby. The doctor kept calling him "pooh" for some reason. She was like, "Does pooh sleep through the night? How about smiling? Is pooh smiling at you and following you with his eyes? Great...let's put pooh on the table so I can examine him." I couldn't figure out if she had mistaken his name or if she was too lazy to freakin LOOK at his paperwork and call him by his REAL name since she has to see 50 different babies a day. ANNOYING. When she left the room I almost said, "Thanks and nice to meet you POOH" but I refrained because I'm not THAT rude.
So his stats are:
Weight: 12lbs 10oz
Height: 24 inches
Head Circ: 40.5
I think the 5 pounds he's gained since birth have all gone directly to his head. He's such a fat head, I love it. You know when you love something SO much you just wanna HURT it? It's like that. I wanna seriously BITE him or squeeze him like the roll in Tommy Boy. YUM.
Here's a pic of the cute bumbleberry in his bassinet. He loves to lay in it while I make dinner and just watch me as I move around the kitchen. I don't know what I'm gonna do when he grows out of it which is pretty soon.
12. Also at the mall I saw an interesting thing I've never seen before. They don't have these where I'm from...is Texas like living in the past? This is so freakin cool. Vending machines with BIG expensive items in them, just insert your credit card and voila! Given my pregnancy acne past I wasn't drawn to the proactive one. It only brought back bad memories...
13. Okay this one is a grossey. Ironically on my favorite number. So my mom has always said that she doesn't wanna go get a pedicure at those asian places because she's scared of getting a "fungus". Remember when Kora and I got our toes done? We invited her and she was too scared so she didn't come. I even made fun of her for being so silly about the fungus issue. Before I left to come here, I got one last pedicure that SUCKED. The job was totally poor and I hated it, but I spent $40 on it so I felt like I had to leave it on to justify the money spent.
WELL...it ended up giving me a...FUNGUS!!!! AHHH!!! She was right. First it just started throbbing, then it swelled up, then I pushed on it and puss excreted from it and now it's just rotting away the skin around my toe. It's so hideous. I apologize for the color-less toes but I can't paint the fungus toe and it would look ridiculous to have the others painted. This is TOTALLY one of my pet peeves, remember?! I think I'm being punished for speaking so badly about people with gross toes.
14. Okay so I have this absolutely FABULOUS jean collection. Seriously, not to brag but I LOVE my jeans. I have a couple 7 for all Mankind, a few Citizens of Humanity and then the ever fabulous and my MOST favorite Miss Me's that I have tons of. The only bad thing is...I can't freakin squeeze my fat rear into ANY of them right now. Every morning it's the same ritual. I get up, stare at my closet, and then try on one pair of my jeans hoping that I've slept off a significant amount of weight to allow myself to actually button them. I've actually gotten to the point in the past 3 days that I CAN buttom them but there's no way in freakin HECK that I would go out in public in them. One, because I have to practically become a contortionists with the amount of lunges and squats it takes to make them feel the slightest bit comfortable. And TWO, the muffin top is so bad right now I look like I should be on the cover of the freakin Betty Crocker crumbly crust muffin box. Last night I had the greatest dream ever. I dreamt that when I woke up and tried on my jeans, they fit PERFECTLY and I wore them all day, loving them and my sweet perky butt. It was so awesome. The dream has now become my favorite dream replacing the one I have about long lucious thick full and bouncy perfect hair like the movie stars.